Following the achievement of the substantial completion of the construction works, the M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme was put in operation in July 2019. Since then, the new M11 motorway section (from Frankfort junction to the approach to the connection with the R772 road at the townland of Scurlockbush) and the new N30 link road (between Scarawalsh roundabout and the M11 Ballydawmore junction) are being operated and maintained by the Operator of the PPP Scheme, a joint venture between BAM Civil Ltd. and Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructura S.A. (the M11 O&M JV).
Operation & Maintenance of this new Road
The M11 O&M JV is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the M11 PPP Scheme, M11 GtoE bypass and N80 link road, for 25 years (2019 to 2044). The O&M JV is committed to operate and maintain the road to Transport Infrastructure Ireland´s (TII) standards. The O&M JV is also committed to promote local employment throughout the O&M phase of the PPP Scheme, including the employment of operational and maintenance staff, subcontractors and suppliers.
The new section of the single carriageway N30 bypass and any roads other than the new M11 GtoE motorway section and the new N30 double carriageway link road are operated and maintained by Wexford County Council.
Winter Maintenance Policy
It is the responsibility of M11O&M JV to provide winter maintenance services for the Operational Phase of the PPP Contract and to ensure the safe movement of traffic for road users on the Project Road and keep to a minimum delays caused by adverse weather.
As part of the Winter Maintenance operations, M11O&M JV is responsible for both precautionary and reactive salt treatments of those sections of the M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme under their operational control.
The areas being treated are those under the operation and maintenance responsibility of the M11 O&M JV:
- 27 km of M11 motorway from the M11 Gorey/Clogh (Junction 24) to the N11 at Scurlockbush (Enniscorthy)
- Junction 24 (Frankfort) – M11
- Junction 25 (Ballydawmore: M11/ N80 Motorway to Dual Carriageway Interchange)
- 4.1 km of the N80 dual carriageway
- Scarawalsh Roundabout (N30 at Enniscorthy)
- Scurlockbush Roundabout (N11 junction) (just for winter maintenance purposes)
The winter maintenance operations are carried out from the 1st October to 15th May.
For further information regarding M11O&M JV Winter Maintenance operations please contact M11O&M JV situated at Scarawalsh Roundabout, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. Tel 1800 989090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a summary of the main O&M activities carried out in the M11 PPP Scheme:
- Landscaping and vegetation control.
- Winter maintenance.
- Cleaning, litter picking & sweeping
- Providing assistance to emergency services in case of road traffic accidents.
- Inspections of road elements (structures, pavement, drainage system)
- General maintenance of road elements.
- Repair and replacement of damaged road elements.
- Replacement of road elements at the end of their life cycle.